08 April 2010

The iPad is here!



So, last weekend the iPad came out. For most of you that know me, I would usually be one of the first to get a new gadget like this, but for a number of reasons I did not.

#1 - I think I might be maturing... I doubt this is the reason :-)
#2 - I just purchased flights to South Africa and Namibia for November this year... big bucks $$$
#3 - The fact that it does not have a camera for video conferencing, and no support for flash was a big turn off and as such I just was not that excited about it.

However, I decided to head down to the apple store none the less and check it out. Well I did not leave with one, but I did leave impressed. It is one sweet device, I can see this easily replacing the need to have a laptop. I woud much rather sit on the couch with the iPad than our mac book. It just feels natural to use, it fits right in your hands, and the screen is amazing. So now the only thing holding me back is #3, at least I want to have the camera, because the 1 thing I do every week is iChat with my family in SA. We will have to see if I can hold out to version 2.0?

1 comment:

Steve said...

You should hold out. The price will drop. The device will get better (and lighter). They'll add wireless support. Patience!